ACADEMY OF CORRECTIONAL
YOUR PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY FOR CORRECTIONAL HEALTH CARE
Criteria for nomination:
1. Current Academy member.
2. Knowledgeable about correctional health care.
3. Demonstrated dedication to the field of correctional health care.
4. Excellent decision-making skills.
5. Give the Academy its primary organizational allegiance.
6. Able to attend Spring and Fall in-person Board meetings (held in conjunction with NCCHC conferences).
7. Attend monthly scheduled conference calls.
8. Serve on at least one committee or working group.
9. Bring a unique quality to the Board.
Rationale for criteria:
1. Board service should be viewed as a commitment to the organization, not as a reward for past service.
2. Criteria should be inviting to new members and to newly involved members, so that new ideas are more likely to emerge in Board deliberations.
3. Nominees should bring knowledge, professionalism, and good decision-making skills to the Board.
4. Nominees should have the time to devote to Board business for a term of 3 years.
Academy Board of Directors
Board and Officer Nomination Guidelines